Wednesday, January 30, 2013

e.l.f  Flawless Foundation: First Impression 



Left: Camera Flash
Right: Without Flash

Left: Clean natural skin
Middle: Foundation
Right: Full face of makeup

I will start this review by saying I have returned this foundation. However, everyone has different wants and needs when it comes to foundation, it may work for you. First of all, I purchased the lightest shade,as I do with most foundations, because I am as white as a ghost. Porcelain was the name of the shade but it was not nearly light enough. My skin looked extremely orange/yellow. I did find when I first applied the foundation it went on a bit patchy, but that probably has to do with the shade being wrong for my skin tone. Despite the shade being off, this foundation did wear pretty well throughout the day. I would say it is medium to full coverage as stated on the bottle has a semi-matte finish. I have combination oily skin and the foundation lasted on my skin for at least 7 hours. It did not set the foundation with a powder like I normally do and I did not notice too much shine. 
Overall I give this foundation a 6 out of 10. 
Pros: Long lasting, semi-matte finish, and medium to full coverage. 
Cons: A little cakey, wrong shade (there is not a lighter shade available), and a little patchy when first applied.


No comments:

Post a Comment