Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Urban Decay NAKED On The Run Palette Review

Urban Decay NAKED On The Run

This travel friendly limited-edition palette offers six brand new shades that are exclusive to this set. This palette contains Urban Decay travel Perversion Mascara, a travel 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stag, a full-size Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Sesso, five gorgeous eyeshadows, one bronzer, one blush, an one lovely all over highlight perfect for face or eyes.


I really love the range of products in this set, Urban Decay did a wonderful job formulating products that work well together but are also incredible individually! It's so amazing how versatile this palette is, it's easy to create a simple day time look but also easy to transform any look for a night out!   




I'm totally in love with the "metallized" rose-gold packaging. It's an amazing size for travel. It also feels sturdy; it would hold up really well in a travel makeup bag! While it does collect figure prints the metal packaging does allow for easy clean up. 
A little thing that some might not notice but us beauty bloggers love is that Urban Dacay has but the name of the eyeshadows on the back of the packaging!! While I do prefer the names right next to, below, or above the products, I am extremely happy the names are on the packaging itself! This makes it a million times easier when filming tutorials or talking about a specific shade. 
Speaking of specific shades, on to the eyeshadows! These eyeshadows are lovely and I would really expect nothing less from Urban Decay. These swatches are done with a prime (I always recommend using an eyeshadow base), and the photo is taken in natural daylight. As you can see the shades are extremely pigmented. 

From the Ulta website!!"What's inside:Eyeshadow: Dive (metallic rose w/golden micro-shimmer), Fix (soft taupe matte), Resist (medium metallic taupe), Dare (medium brown matte), Stun (metallic bronze w/light gold micro-shimmer)"

I find Dive is a gorgeous rosy pink that applies best just using my ring finger and placing it right on the lid. Fix and Dare are must-haves for any palette, they are those perfect matte shades that help blend everything out. Resist if probably my second favorite shade, it reminds me a little bit of MAC Satin Taupe (one of my all time favorite eyeshadows) and I love placing this one of the outer portion of the lid and blending it toward the crease. Additionally I have swept Resist all over the lid and it works wonderfully for a one shadow look! Stun is beautiful and bronze, I love the shimmer in this shade and I think it adds a lovely mix to the palette!   



Urban Decay Perversion Mascara is extremely black, makes the lashes look amazing, almost false looking but still perfect for everyday but I do notice a little bit of smudging on my lower lash line later in the day. 



To be honest if there is one Urban Decay Product I'm not such a fan of it is their 24/7 Glide On Liners. While they are pigmented and apply really well they just do not last on my eyes. They end up smudging and just do not hold up throughout the day. I do love that they added in Stag instead of a black liner. This liner is great for smoking out any look! 









What a perfect gloss to add into this set!! I love this rosy pink hue! It compliments all of the other products in this palette so well! It is a little bit sticky but not so sticky were it's distracting or sticks your lips together. The formula is lovely, it's smooth, applies easily, and I love that there is no chunky glitter!  
Wonderful bronzer and blush duo in this palette. The blush is a soft satin pink that is pigmented so don't go to heavy at first, build it up to your desired intensity. This bronzer works perfect for adding an all over warmth to my skin. I don't notice any muddy look at all throughout the day. It's easy to blend and would work best for olive skin tones. 5050, the all over highlight works as a bonus eyeshadow and a soft cheek bone highlight. 





All together I have greatly enjoyed this palette! I really recommend it to anyone who is looking to try out a wide range of Urban Decay products for the first time or if you are like me, already obsessed with the NAKED range from Urban Decay and constantly need more in your life! :) 
Buy this palette: 
Ulta: http://bit.ly/14VVAkU
Sephora: http://seph.me/1IK0wpr
Urban Decay: http://bit.ly/1r0wMfD

"Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future."- Lewis B. Smedes


P.S. Thank you mom for gifting to me this lovely palette for Christmas! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment