Friday, June 7, 2013

MAC All About Orange Collection

Some of the products I picked up from the MAC All About Orange Collection


Royal Sunset






This blush is a little bubblegum pink shade. It is a Satin finish which are personally my favorite. I love the highlighted look they give to the skin. I did swatch Honey Jasmine which was way to orange for me, since my hair is a reddish orange it just did not work for me. I also swatches the third blush in Immortal Flower and found it to be too pale even for me and I'm fair skinned.  

The cream nailpolish in Fiestaware. I really do love this polish. I am wearing it with Essie Beyond Cozy on my ring finger. It is similar to Essie Tart Deco but more orange as opposed to coral. 






Lipstick Lustre Tart and Trendy is an light orange almost peach shade. I like this orange shade out of all of the orange shades in this collection. I found Neon Orange way to orange for me and Tangerine Dream was not the shade for me at all. Sushi Kiss and Sweet and Sour were nice when I swatches them and would be easy to wear. 






Lustre Lipstick in Razzeldazzler, I found this shade to be the most wearable lipstick of the shades in the collection. It is a little creamy coral almost pink shade. 







Cremesheen glass in Imperial Light, I did find this shade a bit sheer once applied to the lips. It swatches a coral orange however, once applied to the lips it looks more of a clear gloss. This is the first cremesheen glass I have used and I really do like the formula, it is creamy and smells great.  



All together I love the products that I picked up from the collection. I do however, think that MAC could have stepped it up and had some more vibrant shades and a highlight product would have been wonderful. I am so happy that they did an All About Orange collection because I love orange/coral for the spring and summer. I think the lipstick in Razzledazzler will be my new handbag lipstick, it is perfect for everyday yet has a little coral tint to it. I say check out the collection and see what works best with your skin tone; orange can be a hard shade to work with sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment