Saturday, December 7, 2013

Urban Decay NAKED 3 Palette 







It's what we have all been waiting for... the third installment of the Urban Decay NAKED Palette. This palette offers 12 limited rose hued natural shadows. These shadows are pigmented and blend well. I really love that there are a variety of formulas. The first shaded Strange is not my favorite; I have fair skin and light shades like this do not show up on my skin. I find the shade Dust is similar to the Urban Decay Moondust shadows in the sense that it applies best with just your finger or a brush sprayed with water. The glitter will not blend well on the lid, it should be applied over top an eye look. Other than that the palette offers a range of shades that are just absolutely stunning. I do wish there was a light shade somewhere between Strange and Dust that could work for the inner corner lid area for people with light skin such as myself. Similar to the Naked2 palette this palette does also come with a duel sided brush. If you are someone who does not own many brushes this brush will be useful however, I have never been a fan of duel ended brushes. I find them difficult to clean because I am picky about not allowing water to go down into the brush. I also find them difficult to store; I am unable to keep them in a cup with the rest of my brushes and therefore I rarely use them. I also do not like the packaging; I much rather prefer the Naked one packaging. I find it much more elegant, durable, and user friendly. 

  • Strange is a semi-matte white frosty shade. I personally do not find this shadows works well for my skin tone
  • Dust is a mid-toned rosy pink that does have chunks of glitter. As stated above a shade like this should be applied over other shadows with a damp brush or pressed on with your finger
  • Burnout is a frost light rose shade that works well when applied to the lid for a nice wash of color 


Left to right: Strange, Dust, and Burnout 


  • Limit is a great matte shade that works great for blending out other colors and creating a nice transition
  • Buzz is a frost shade with a bit of chunky flakes this shade is just slightly darker than burnout 
  • Trick is a more gold toned rose shade that added variety to the palette without leaving the rose hued family 


Left to right: Limit, Buzz, and Trick


  • Nooner another wonderful matte shade that is a little more deep than Limit. Again great for a crease color to blend out shadows or for a simple natural eye look 
  • Liar is a pigmented shade that is wonderful for the outer corner and adds a little bit of taupe to the palette again while still being a bit rose
  • Factory is a great drown with a nice sheen. I love the luster finish a lot of these eyeshadows have


Left to right: Nooner, Liar, and Factory


  • Mugshot is a taupe, gray, rose shade. This eyeshadow is great, it really incorporates hues from all three of the paletteas 
  • Darkside is a taupe slight gray shade with a bit of rose when swatched on the skin and applied to the lid
  • Blackheart is the perfect shade for a smokey eye or for lining the lash line. While that is some sparkle to it the shade is still pigmented and easy to use


Left to right: Mugshot, Darkside, and Blackheart


Left to right: Blackhear, Darkside, Mugshot, Factory, Liar, Nooner, Trick, Buzz, Limit, Burnout, Dust, and Strange 
Swatched with primer underneath 
Photograph taken in natural light 


Naked- Bronze Hued Eyeshadows
Naked 2- Taupe Hued Eyeshadows
Naked 3- Rose Hued Eyeshadows  


I love all three of the Naked palette but, although I have only had the NAKED 3 for a short time I think it might be my favorite. I am obsessed with rose gold anything and these eyeshadows are gorgeous. The downsides to this palette are that there is not a highlight shade that I enjoy and I really don't like the packaging. However, besides Strange all of the shadow are stunning. I think it is important to swatch each palette and see what hues work best for your skin tone. Personally, I love having all three because I can pull my favorite shades from each palette to create a look. If you only wanted to invest in one palette that is completely a possibility. They each offer a great range of everyday shades.  

These palettes can be purchased for $52 each at Sephora, Ulta, and the Urban Decay Website.  

Strange in the inner corner and brow bone 
Limite and Nooner in the crease 
Buzz in the lid
A small amount of Darkside in the outer corner 
Blackheart as liner on the lash line and slightly blended into the crease
Dust applied with a damp brush over top completed eye look 

limit, nooner, burnout, liar, mugshot, and blackheart

bust, nooran and limit, strange, mugshot, and burnout

Nooner (Applied with Sigma E45 brush) , Blackheart (Applied with e.l.f counter), Strange (Applied with e.l.f eyeshadow "C"), and bh Cosmetics blending brush to blend
NAKED 3 Palette e/s Dust, Buzz, and Trick (Applied with Sigma Concealer F70)
Dust applied in the inner corner
Blackheart on lower lash liner

1 comment:

  1. So lucky! I can't afford this palette until sometime next year what with the holidays and whatnot, so I just have to sit here and stare at all the folks lucky enough to get it now. :)

    ReplyDelete